Call for Submissions
YQFA invites you to create and share short films that feature Queer and Northern content for a chance to win up to $400 in prizes! All genres are welcome, including documentary, animation, comedy and drama.
What to Submit
- All submissions must be 18 minutes or shorter.
- All are welcome to apply. However, special consideration will be given to films that are created by Northerners (Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Northern BC, Northern Alberta, Northern Quebec, Labrador & Alaska).
- We encourage filmmakers to feature Queer content, meaning that they engage Queer people, places or storylines.
- We also encourage filmmakers to feature Northern content, meaning that they engage Northern people, places or storylines.
- The use of sexist, homophobic, racist, discriminatory or harassing language, behaviour or content is not welcome.
- Submissions must be made by September 30, 2020.
All contest participants will divided by age:
- 14yrs and under
- 15yrs - 18yrs
- Over 18 years of age
- Amateur (you are new on the block & have made 3 films or fewer)
- Professional (you have been around the block & have made more than 3 films).
YQFA invites you to cover any topic you like, but if you need a little inspiration we would love to see:
- Heritage Minutes made Queer
- Drag Music Videos
- Re-enactments of your favourite Queer moments in TV, movies or pop culture.
- Stories on surviving quarantine.
How to Submit
Submit your film in mp4 format to email@example.com, by September 30, 2020. Please indicate what age and skill category you would like to enter. Alternative arrangements can be made if your video is to large to send over email.